Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Recognition in Space

Friday, December 02, 2005

Recognition in Space

This constellation near the Crab Nebula is called 'The Bow of Diomedes'. It recognizes that Diomedes was a key player in the sacking of Troy, as told in the Iliad. But as you can clearly see from my superimposition, the constellation accurately delineates a piece of toast.

There are many references to toast being eaten near the walls of Troy in the Iliad. Google doesn't seem to bring them up, but I'm pretty sure they are in there... towards the back. Anyway, I'm starting an off-line petition to get the name of this constellation changed to 'Diomedes toast'.

I've only gotten one signature so far, but I expect that number to double by the end of the month.




Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.