Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: 100 Words You Should Know

Monday, June 04, 2007

100 Words You Should Know

Houghton Mifflin has published the "100 Words Every High School Graduate Should Know". Sadly, though I spent 4 years in school after high school, of those 100 words, I can't use any of these in a sentence:

abjure
abstemious
antebellum
lugubrious
deleterious
diffident
enervate
evanescent (this doesn’t mean 'effervescent', does it?)
expurgate
inculcate
jejune
lugubrious
moiety
pecuniary
quotidian
tautology
unctuous

Rather than blame myself for my failings, I'll blame the school system! Stoopid school system! It's made tautology the lugubrious pecuniary jejune (of quotidian proportions) that forces us to expurgate the abstemious, yet abjurious moiety. And those evanescent diffidents inculcate to force their deleterious, abstemiously unctuous antebellums on us? Not on my watch, they don't! I reckon.

Hey... guess I CAN use them in a sentence! (Don't get out your dictionary. I already know I used those words wrong :))

update: wrongly.



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.