Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: I Don't Get Catholiscism

Monday, February 11, 2008

I Don't Get Catholiscism

I was born Catholic, but don't often practice the faith. The wife and kids do though, so I'm obliged to go to Sunday mass from time to time. Well today I went, and it only reinforced my opinion that Catholics are crazy!

In every sermon, about halfway through, they say the following:

Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world. Grant us peas.

This has been bugging me for years, so today I stood up and said, "Forget peas! Grant us steak and potatoes with toast! Or grant us fried shrimp... on toast! I don't even like peas. Not even with toast!"

Here's the stunning part. They all looked at me like I was an idiot! They're praying for peas, but I'm the idiot. Sheesh. Peas suck! Whatever. Catholics are crazy.




Dominus vobiscum.




Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.