Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Obamamania Gets Creepy

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Obamamania Gets Creepy

Obamamania is spreading like wildfire, friends. It's even worked its way into the hotel industry. Last week I had to visit a client in New Mexico, so I booked a room at a luxurious resort hotel (aka the La Quinta chain). I arrived slightly early, and my room wasn't ready yet.

The porter said, "If you'll give me 5 minutes, I'll have the room ready for you. We just have to change the sheets."

As I finished up checking in at the front desk, the clerk said, "I hope you have a wonderful stay."

When I got up to my room, I called the operator to see if they could give me a wakeup call in the morning. "Yes we can!" was all she said.

Jeez, could you be more obvious about your support for a presidential candidate? The whole ordeal creeped me out, so I canceled my room and stayed at another resort hotel in the area - Motel 6.



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.