Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Louisiana in Autumn

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Louisiana in Autumn

Moving from New Jersey to Louisiana a decade ago, I was shocked at how abysmally hot it is down here. Yeah, the people you meet are much friendlier, and you can still leave your doors unlocked, but in the middle of the summer, even looking outdoors will make you break a sweat.

Autumn/Winter/Spring is a different story. The daytime temperature will be high 50's to low 80's from now until April. Woohoo! I can go outside again in the daytime!

And the scenery is nice too, especially when we don't get hurricanes. I snapped some photos while surveying the land to see if the pine trees made it through the summer and made an interesting discovery. According to my calculations, I'm the proud owner of roughly 35 million Black-eyed Susan flowers! Feel free to pick one or two if you stop by.

And not only are the people friendly, so are the bugs! This friendly little honey bee took time out of his busy day to pose for me. I'm not sure if I quoted him entirely accurately, but that's what it sounded like.

So Louisiana has some great qualities that make it one of the many places in America that offer an acceptable quality of life. But there's one thing that I doubt any other state can offer that puts Louisiana among the best of all locations to reside.

I went to the Post Office and saw an advertisement that drove this point home. Say you wanted to pick up a new TV but also needed a couple of pigs. Where would you go to get them both? Down here, they are just a phone call away.



Convenient one-stop shopping. That's what makes Louisiana so great.



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.