Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Congress Wars - The Congressmen Strike Back

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Congress Wars - The Congressmen Strike Back

I don't know if you've heard, but Congress members typically don't get along with their opposing parties. Well today they gave up on democratic methods of resolving issues entirely. Nancy Pelosi was announcing that under a new congressional resolution, they would now resolve their differences by using a method developed "a long, long time ago in a place far, far away", as she described it. She explained the concept to the press. "When we disagree, out come the lightsabers. It adds permanence to the agreement, since one of the two involved never disagrees with anyone ever again."

As she was speaking, Senator Frist tried to run up behind her with a 'sneak disagreement', but Congresswoman Pelosi had her weapon out and energized before she even turned around. I snapped a photo just in time to catch his peculiar grin, also called the "I'm totally busted" grin. Unfortunately, plastic surgery has rendered the congresswoman incapable of showing facial expression, but I think she was pretty angry.


The battle ensued, and Frist had the upper hand. But suddenly Al Gore came in to help out Ms. Pelosi. He sent Mr. Frist flying into the wall with some kind of lightning coming out of his fingertips (which he later said was one of his inventions, the "AlGore mind trick"). I'm sorry that I couldn't get the whole fight on film, but it was pretty dangerous out there, and I had to find cover.



Frist was almost done for, but then he screamed, "You cannot kill me! Nancy, I am your father!" and fled in the ensuing confusion.

Who says politics is boring?



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.