Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Big Trouble in Little Irvine

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Big Trouble in Little Irvine

While vacationing in Irvine, California last week, I came across a protest of those Mohammed cartoons. They were having a fun time, but this one guy was grinning from ear to ear. I asked the man (Ali) what was so funny. "You remember how we convinced everyone that fundamentalist Islam was actually a peaceful religion? Yeah, that was pretty funny, but nothing compared to how we convinced the American media that free speech doesn't apply to speech that muslims object to! So I just made a bet that I know I'm going to win. I'm going to convince the American left that Islam is actually pro-woman!"

He fell to the floor in a fit of laughter that continued for what seemed an eternity. I asked Ali how he planned to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat. "Simple! I'll just show them this sign."



"Then, when someone disagrees, we will all protest and beat up a few women while rioting. That should convince 'em! I mean, it worked when we dissolved the freedom of speech in Europe, right?"

Sadly, he probably is correct.



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.