Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Call the RNC!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Call the RNC!

Update: Pulled 4 posts so this one would be at the top. I'll put them back later.

Please call the Republican National Committee at 202-863-8500 and let them know your feelings about appointing Mel "amnesty, but with a different name" Martinez. Press '3' when the computer lady answers. They don't answer 1 or 2. I phoned them to let them know I will be registering as an Independent the day Mel Martinez is confirmed.


If this guy is confirmed as the head of the RNC, then the Republican party has completely abandoned us (or at least, me). If he's confirmed, I promise to either vote for a 3rd pardy weirdo, or not vote at all in 2008.

The left is mostly wrong, but in this case they are absolutely correct. Our party is corrupt. As corrupt as the Democratic machine. They have absolutely no intention of securing our borders or enforcing our immigration laws. They have no intention of cutting government spending. I'm starting to believe they have no intention of destroying our enemies! I'm not completely sad that they are no longer in power.

To those of you who say, "Well, the alternative is to put the Democrats in power, and that would be even worse!" I say you are comparing an apple to the same friggin' apple. Voting for a slightly lesser evil is still voting for evil. And at this point, it's unclear if the Republicans are even the slightly lesser evil. They say they are for the things Americans generally want, like border enforcement, smaller government, etc., but they don't bother to make the laws. They lie. They just lie. At least when the Democrats come up with some crazy scheme, they follow through with it, crazy though it may be. Sadly, that's a plus.

So I'm NOT sad that the Republicans are out of power. It's been a long 4 years coming. And all the crazy laws that are ratified during the next two years are the direct fault of every Republican in both houses from 2002 to 2004. And of course Bush, with his "lower taxes and spend, create some new entitlements, and spend some more" attitude.

I read a blog where the man said, "Today, I became a Republican." It was based upon the crazy notion that fighting the bad guys was somehow wrong to liberals. He didn't buy it, and that made him a conservative. I understood what he meant when he said it, but now I'm close to saying, "Today, I became an Independent."



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.