Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Pro-toast Rally a Success

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Pro-toast Rally a Success


Hippies. Everyone hates them. They are the tiny minority that wants to ruin it for the rest of us. When we here at the toast blog heard about the anti-toast march the hippies were setting up, we sprung into action. We set up a Protest Warrior style counter-protest. For those of you who don't regularly read this blog, we've been asking readers to show up at the rally for months now. And it was a smashing success. Thanks to all who showed up.

Here are some of the pictures I took as our rally was setting up. To compare eating toast to murder is beyond the pale. And "Make Lego, not toast"?!? I stopped eating Legos when I was 3, and I didn't like it even back then. These people need to grow up. I even saw a hippy carrying a sign that said , "You can't hug your kid with nuclear toast". I was too stunned to snap a photo. Do they even read these signs they write?
They also use unethical methods to swell their numbers to make their side look like it has more followers. I asked this child why he was carrying a Mercedes-Benz logo'd poster. "My mother told me this was national Mercedes appreciation day. I only came to show off my new radio-controlled 560 SL. I would not have shown up if she had told me the truth. I love toast!"


When our pro-toast march finally started, our protest totally dwarfed that of the hippy toast haters, by almost 20 to 1. A friend of mine snapped a photo as we arrived on The Mall. I blew up parts of the photo so you could see my poster (right side), as well as my brother's (left). It's pretty grainy, but you can kinda make us out.


I have to be honest and admit that I had no idea so many people read this blog! Once again, thanks for coming out and protecting our right to eat toast. Whenever. Wherever. God bless America. With toast.



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.