Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Vacation!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Vacation!



UPDATE: Back! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I sure did. Check out my new hippie shades!



On the way home, we stopped by a store called 'The Beerslayer'. Being a Chemical Engineer (this is the one time I'm not making up my degree :) I have always been fascinated by the magic of fermentation. It's like rotting, but in a good way. The Beerslayer sells all of the stuff required to make beer at home (318-858-2219, call him, Bob Carbone, he's extremely helpful.). He's as nice a guy as you could meet, and he set us up with the eq and raw materials to make 56 bottles of beer (this next pic is pretty big so prolly don't click it if you are on dial-up)



The cheap vodka is for the airlock to make sure no bacteria get into the fermenting pile. The toaster is for... well, everyone needs toast! The smiley face is not necessary - it's here for ambience only.

I'm very excited about this and will be making my first batch tomorrow. It takes a month for the beer to be ready, so don't expect a lot of postings a month from now!



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.