Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Can You Name the Songs?

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Can You Name the Songs?

As some of you know, I've been away for a few days. I was traveling in a fried-out combie, on a hippie trail with my head full of zombie. On my travels, I met a strange lady... she made me kind of nervous. Fortunately, she took me in and gave me breakfast. And she said:

Woman: Do you come from a land down under?
Me: No.
Woman: Where women glow and men plunder?
Me: Hello? I already said no.
Woman: Cant you hear, cant you hear the thunder?
Me: Not really...
Woman: You better run, you better take cover.
Me: Whatever lady, but I think you may be, clinically speaking, nuts.

My travails also took me to Belgium. Hungry, I bought some bread from a man in Brussels. He was at least six foot four and full of muscles. I said, "Do you speak-a my language? " He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich. I said, "What the... what is this, Soylent Green or something? This stuff is nasty! What a waste of toast."



He then launched into the same "Are you Australian?" diatribe as the woman did earlier. It made no sense.

My last stop found me lying in a den in bombay, slack jawed, with not much to say. I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me? Just for the sole reason that I come from a land of plenty?" He repeated the same 'down under' stuff of my previous conversations. What's up with that? I love Australia and Australians. Why's everyone picking on them?

_____________________________________________________________

In other news, I'm depressed. I found this fantastic recipe on the net for a cake with three different types of fruit and even a vegetable in it. Being primarily a meat eater, it sounded kind of nasty, but it was fantastic! It was a wonderful and slightly sweetened way of enjoying getting the minimum daily requirements of fruits and vegetables.

I noticed that a thunderstorm came from out of nowhere and was swamping our house. Here's the depressing part. Lo and behold, some jerk left my cake outside. In the rain! I'm so sad because it took so long to bake it. Also, I'm unsure if I can take it, because I googled the recipe, and can't find it anymore. Perhaps I'll never have that recipe again :(. So sad.




Can you name the songs that chronicled my travels?



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.