Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: What can We Learn from Toast?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

What can We Learn from Toast?

Toast is a lot like color in photographs. I like it, but in moderation it is more enjoyable. Here is a picture of Jane Falsin, my next door neighbor. She is very pretty. But her beauty bubbles to the surface even more when some of the color is removed.











Finally adding a light, blurry background makes her look even more spectacular. Where did I learn that? From toast! I found out early on that if you butter toast, it is better when the butter does not completely cover the toast. It brings out the individual flavors of both the butter and the toast. The same goes for picture detail. Where did those pretty eyes come from? If it weren't for the husband and three kids, I'd ask her to marry me right now!

There is so much that we can learn from toast, if we only take the time. Thanks toast.




(Many adjustment layers, closest tutorial I can find is here. I went high on the green eyes because it wasn't showing up in the small picture. I also patch tooled the left eye. I didn't bother with the right 'cause hey, it's just a blog. You get the idea. Here's a link to a liberal guy who uses logic and reason instead of name calling. It's a good read.)



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.