Toast, It's not just for breakfast anymore: Interview with the President

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Interview with the President

I had the opportunity to interview President Bush this morning! We mostly spoke about gas prices. Although dropping in recent weeks, energy prices are still taking a big bite out of my budget. Mr. Bush made a lot of sense on the subject, so I'm just going to let him speak for himself.

"Hell yeah, gas prices are too high", he said. "We all need to do whatever we can to use less energy. I'm not suggesting a law or anything, as people just find ways around them. I'm talking about morality. Are you an American? Well, help your country out! Use less energy whenever you can. That and our wonderful market economy will solve the problem."

Indeed, it always has in the past. But I was curious what specific efforts he was making to lower his energy consumption. "Well for starters, Air Force One is a huge gas guzzler. I no longer ride in it unless I'm going overseas. Heck, I don't even use the limousine anymore!"


I also spoke to the President's driver, G.C. McGirlinson. G.C., nicknamed 'Blondie' by the White House staffers, didn't have a problem with the limousine replacement vehicle. "You can't pop a wheelie in a limousine. Believe me, I've tried. And nothing gets attention like riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with your front wheel in the air, and the President in tow." Blondie also enjoyed the fact that the 'prez' could fix her numerous speeding tickets. "I love the President, but the speeding ticket thing is the real reason I work for him. That, and he loves toast."

Don't we all, G.C. Don't we all.

(I can't figure out how to change the direction a person is looking, even with the tools available in Photoshop's 'transform' menu. If anyone knows how to do it well, please comment or email me. Until then, I'll look for a better angled view of Bush to corrupt :) . Check out this link to my liberal friend. He's liberal, but he uses reasoning just like the rest of us! I'm trying to raise awareness of people like him to replace Kos and Atrios, so we can have meaningful dialogue between the parties.)



Listen to our anthem

This blog is on the 'no tag' list.