Thank goodness for those Democrats! They've saved us once again.
(shamelessly stolen from the Steel Deal)
Thank goodness for those Democrats! They've saved us once again.
It's too early to choose a candidate for the Presidential election in Novemer, 2008. That said, I'm voting for Fred Thompson. My main causes are ending Islamofascism, and shutting our borders. Here's Fred on borders:
Rosie O'Donnell hears about the 15 British captives in Iran. She hears Iranians say they were in Iranian waters. She hears the British say they were in Iraqi waters. What does she report?
Nearly Six In 10 Back Congressional Troop Withdrawal Deadline. Six out of ten Americans think America is no better than the misogynistic anti-freedom force we oppose, and are ready to give in to them.
One of my favorite comedians has a radio show! Listen here (commercial free!) after the show is over if you can't hear him on the radio. Talk radio seems like a difficult venue (I typically run out of things to soliloquize in about 5 minutes). It takes practice, and they usually get better over time. But listening to his first show, I'm already impressed.
I agree with the guy on the right. You tell 'em, Spanish woman! From Reuters:
A woman who lost her husband in the 2004 Madrid train bombings displayed an infamous cartoon mocking the Prophet Mohammad on her T-shirt in front of 29, mostly Muslim, suspects on trial for the attacks on Monday.Spain could learn a lot from this woman. This act falls somewhere between giving them the finger and laughing at them, and sticking them with a blade. Since stabbing them is not legal, I'd say she made the most poignant statement allowed by law.
The woman's white T-shirt showed Mohammad wearing a bomb as a turban -- one of a series published by Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten which unleashed violent protests by some Muslims last year.
LGF notes that the Code Pinkos tossed from Pelosi's office front are like whining children. "They want everything NOW, or else they throw tantrums, lay on the floor, and scream." I wish I hadn't been whining for the last 6 months about illegal immigration and the wimpy way we are conducting this war. Because then I could agree with him without being a hypocrite.
Photoshop meltdown. I thought it would be a friendly gesture to celebrate Pelosi's victory of winning enough votes to surrender to the enemy by offering pork barrel projects to some of her detractors. And what better way to do it than with a photo!
Hippie protest in San Francisco. I don't think we should be leaving Iraq, since it would mean wholesale slaughter of Iraqis in the immediate future, and a terrorist haven in the not-too-distant future, which would require yet another war to fix.
Cathy Seipp, one of our coolest constituents, is passing. Send her a kind thought, or even a word or two. She won't be recovering. We all have to make that trip sooner or later, but that knowledge hardly makes it easier. She isn't a war veteran, but her support for those who are makes her their equal, imo. Maia (daughter of Ms. Seipp), please do your best to let her know how many people are grateful for having heard her voice. Most of us are very serious about our love for true patriots. Your Mom is one.
Ask and you shall receive.
It's better to fight them over there than fight them over here. Unfortunately, we don't always have that option. Once again, the Ahmadinejihad is coming to our shores. I wish we could bar him simply for being such a hypocrite. He says he's against western music and values, but check out his iPod!
Check out Camile Paglia's latest article at Slate. Or you could just read this blurb:
First to break was the BBC. Now, even the NYT is forced to admit that man made global warming is kind of silly. Glenn Beck gleefully explains:
Diana West is calling a spade a spade. She blames multiculturalism, the idea that all cultures were created equal, as the reason the West seem incapable of mounting a united defense against the foes of freedom.
I blame political correctness as the root of our problems, since it has allowed the idea of multiculturalism to take seed. It is political correctness that forces us to permit multiculturalists to deny our true enemy. I hope her next article notes this.It is a strange, tentative civilization we have become, with leaders who strut their promises of "no surrender" even as they flinch at identifying the foe. Four years past 9/11, we continue to shadow-box "terror," even as we go on about "an ideology of hate".
We live out in the country, where there's not a lot of chance for excitement. So when the circus came to a city near us, we decided it would be fun to load up the kids and take them to see the animals, and my favorite: the freak show. They were a pretty low budget circus, so they didn't have many of my favorite exhibits, such as a bearded lady. They did present a large number of 'freaks' though, including:
I'm really startintg to like Glenn Beck. Here he is interviewing the likeable Congressman Duncan Hunter and the dispicable Congressman Van Hollen. They are discussing the House military funding bill that would force the troops to come home at a certain time regardless of whether victory has been achieved. About halfway through the clip, Beck laid into Van Hollen, smackdown style. It's pretty funny, but this is an extremely important issue.
So, they didn't know that crewman Hassan Abujihaad was a terrorist. We may need new people to do the vetting of our military personnel. I think I can help! Keep an eye on Chief Petty Officer Mohammed 'Splodeypants' McFatwa, and Capt. Omar Al-Deathtoamerica. Seaman Boom Bin Laden bears looking into as well.
This photo is 40 years old, but as you can see, I was lookin' pretty darned good even back then. The secret? Toast. Early and often.
Longtime readers may be aware that I recently gave up on the Republican party. That doesn't leave us any options. Rather than embrace the dark side of the force, I suggested that we all vote for the blonde party. They probably won't do what we elected them for either, but at least they are fun to listen to!
stickNstein, protector of America's sovereignity and finder of weird things on the net, has found the coveted 'National Anthem of Toast', to which even members of great nations bow their heads. Without further ado, allow me to shamelessly steal it!
Man: God, can we talk?
Where did the Jewish lost tribes go? Reporters for the "Toast, it's not just for breakfast anymore" blog have been scouring the Earth for clues. Finally, after months of exhaustive research, we found them! In Hawaii!
Have you ever heard the story that aliens crash landed somewhere in New Mexico, and whatever survived was moved to area 51 and the whole thing was covered up? It only took me 5 minutes with Google Earth to determine that the story is absolutely true!
Morgan Sinclair, a commenter over at Jihadwatch wrote what has to be the longest comment ever written. It's not a post, it's a comment.I'm guessing he dislikes islamic fundamentalism. A lot. (I don't know if it's worth reading, because I didn't read it. I'm just amazed at the bulk of it. 3,387 words. 19,997 keystrokes. That's one dedicated commenter!)
Dear Eteraz and Esmay ...
Since you're here until I can hopefully get you banned, I will now challenge you. And I do this from the point of view of having had Muslim friends for 35 years and also from being a STAUNCH supporter of moderate Muslims.
First, some really obvious things:
(1) Americans were attacked on 9/11 by radical Islamists quoting us the Qur'an.
(2) Radical Islamists, quoting the Qur'an have terrorist cells in 60 countries.
(3) Muslims quoting the Qur'an blew up a train in Spain and attacked buses and trains in London, set up massive bombs in Bangladesh, beheaded and burned civilians in Thailand, bombed a night club in Bali and burned 202 people to death, routinely carry out suicide attacks on Israelis, routinely bury IEDs while hiding behind children. Of the 16,990 civilian deaths in Iraq this year, 16,719 were the result of "insurgency" (read: terrorist) bombings of civilian market targets or "collaborators" (people who dont' want their country taken over by terrorists). The other 271 were collateral damage of American RESPONSE to those attacks or the deliberate killing of terrorists (thank you, GIs!).
(4) The general habit of Muslims, who believe THEY are superior because they believe their religion is superior, is not ever to criticize each other publicly. This does NOT hold true for brilliant Islamic theorists like Mustafa Akyol. This also does not hold true for Sheikh Abdul Sattar Buzaigh al-Rishawi, the bravest man in Iraq, who is a Sunni tribal leader fighting the Saudi/Syrian Sunni "Insurgency" (read: terrorist war) in Iraq. However, it DOES hold true for virtually all of the Muslim "pundits" in America.
(5) My theory is that the Muslim "pundits" in America are actually (a) cowards and (b) opportunists and (3) supremacist manipulators. Why do I say that? Because America isn't the enemy of its Muslim population. It protects its Muslim population. The real enemy of Islam -- which cowardly Muslims are too spineless to right -- is the radical ulema in the United States bought and paid for by the Saudis for the 28 years. But you guys try to find a way to ex-communicate those guys or get the eight madabhib to set standards that exclude -- standards that would quite obviously exclude from the Qur'an those verses that are inimical to those of other religions, that create a Dar-al-Islam vs. a Dar-al-Harb, that are inimical to women's full rights in Islam and Islamic countries, that call for the dhimmitude or murder of non-Muslims, that incorporate desert tribalist hudud punishments (amputations and stonings) for criminal and non-criminal acts.
(6) Meanwhile, the opportunism runs on: Instead of solving these problems, American Muslism set up US Airways to try to get profiling stopped. Profiling will stop (or should stop) only when the next bomb that goes off doesn't have a Qur'anic attached to it by people you will not throw out of your religion. The British did not bring Gerry Adams to the table by strip-searching Norwegian grandmothers at the airport as an attempt to prove they were not "profiling". Of course they're profiling. And it's working, because there hasn't been a major attack in this country since 9/11.
(7) The bottom line is that it is NOT our reponsibility to listen to your endless whining that you're not being treated "good enough." It is not our responsibility to take care of your every whining alleged grievance -- which are actually GRIEVANCES THAT YOU ARE NOT BEING TREATED AS SUPERIOR BEINGS. No sale.
(8) It is a testament to the undying willingness of Americans to try to be fair that they give a hearing to this crap, but even that needs to stop. Put up or shut up. In fact, this is your SOFT TERRORISM -- the use of Americans' goodnesses and fears to try to carve out in America special privileges, a relativist subculture over which you have control above the reach of US law (in your treatment of Muslim women, for example), using US civil codes to protect the hate speech and incitement to war and violence that goes on in US mosques, and to bully the US government and US businesses into giving you special treatment that now Christian, Jew, Hindu, Jain, Confucian, Buddhist, native American Great Spiritualist, or New Age metaphysician could get. You don't want equality. You want to be BETTER THAN, which is the whole problem here.
(9) And you blew the choice. You had a choice to stand up against the terrorists and win. You could have won in a WEEK had you put 3 million Muslims on the National Mall to decry Al Qaeda and Radical Islamism. Had American Muslims done that, it would have echoed the 100,000 Iranian citizens who went into the street with candles in the night to tell Americans how sorry they were that the attacks had occurred. And these are people who are flayed to death for standing up to the mullahs in the country where the live. American Muslims could have done what Queen Rania did when she hit the streets of Amman, Jordan, in blue jeans and a sweat shirt with 80,000 Jordanians to protest the attempted chemical attack on the Jordanian capital several years ago. It so angered Al-Zarqawi that he sent attackers from Iraq to punish the Jordanian people -- Hashemite Sunnis for whom the Wahhabis have no love as they fear they will again rule Mecca and Medina (and dear God I do hope so!) -- for standing up against terrorism. But you have never followed these examples, nor the examples of the Bangladeshis who writing hilarious letters to the editor ridiculing the very people who threaten to bomb them, calling them "space aliens" for their little Wahhabi hats and their drag-the-ground Wahhabi beards, which even Azzam the American has made a valiant attempt to grow. We'll have you know that it appears he's making progress, but his brain is still melting.
So you blew it. Instead of being the brave Muslims we see standing up as they can in some of the most dangerous place in the world -- and DYING FOR IT -- you do nothing but try to manipulate the American people into backing down because "you feel insulted."
Well, get this: I don't give a damn if you feel insulted. YOU are insulting. YOUR game is insulting. The only Muslim I know who has a kid if Iraq fighting the Sunni terrorist war is Ali Alyami, the Saudi Ismaeli dissident who gets his life routinely threatened. You guys can't even stand up for fellow Muslims like Zudhi Jasser when he speaks out SOLIDLY that Islamic terrorism has to go, and says that shari'a law must NEVER replace civil law in any country. What happens when he says that. The little Wahhabi rats' nests and anthills down in Arizona treat him and his family to accusations of apostasy and blasphemy, signals in the open press that they are fair game to be murdered by Muslim radicals.
So, in whose hands was the end of Islamic terrorist -- the revitalization of interpretation that would have thrown out the hadith, ALL highly spurious "attestations" that the Prophet said this or that, highly suspect as being politically motivated (certainly the fantastic Ayesha tale made up to buttress Sunni claims over Shi'a claims for the rule of Islam) -- the revitalization of interpretation that would have relegated the hateful verses to historical context only (as Mustafa Akyol suggests) and would have reversed the weight of interpretation to favor the PURELY TRANSCENDENTAL, SPIRITUAL VERSES OF THE QUR'AN TO SOLE IMPORTANCE AND GOT RID OF THE REST.
But that's too gutsy for you guys. Then again, protecting Islam from being destroyed by the people of the Nejd (as prophesied in the Qur'an) is not your issue. Your issue is seeing how much pity you can get, how many special treatments you carve out of American culture -- this is the ego of manipulation, the game being to prove you are smarter than Americans by constantly getting them to kowtow to you and back off their criticism of the way you behave and what you preach -- AND GET ATTENTION. SO MUCH OF THIS CRAP IS ABOUT GETTING FACE TIME ON TV.
And D'Souza last manipulation is the most disgusting of all.
D'Souza is trying to placing himself upon the moral high ground by claiming American culture is decadent and that the reason we got attacked is that Al Qaeda was disgusted by our immortal behavior.
What everybody is missing is that this claim is as supremacist coming from D'Souza as any I have ever heard. Because ... D'Souza's unspoken fiat is that MUSLIMS HAVE THE RIGHT TO CREATE AN INTERNATIONAL RELIGIOUS POLICE FORCE AND PUNISH THOSE WHO BREAK THE "RULES" THAT ISLAM HAS SET FOR THEM. THEREFORE, ARGUES D'SOUZA, YOU AMERICANS BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF.
NO, YOUR PHILOSOPHY BROUGHT IT ON US, AND IT QUOTES QUR'ANIC VERSES while it beheads, burns, rapes, tortures, incarcerates, stones, and cross-amputates those Muslims and non-Muslims who do not accept the SELF-STATE AUTHORITY OF SUPREMACIST MUSLIMS TO CREATE THE RULES FOR ALL HUMANITY AND ENFORCE THEM ACROSS THE LINES OF SOVREIGN NATIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD.
You're right. I don't accept your "SELF-DECLARED AUTHORITY" DO ANY SUCH THING.
And I find D'Souza "moral superiority" ludicrous and his preaching to the choir -- AMERICAN CULTURAL MODERATES AND CONSERVATIVES ALREADY KNOW THIS, FOR HEAVEN SAKE -- spineless as per usual.
Want to compare?
Americans, due to their civil rights laws defending free speech -- which Muslims routinely use to whine about ALLEGED grievances -- are the same ones that free speech extremists use to defend porn on the internet, in the movies, and in local clubs. Half of the US Congress is trying to deal with the intricacies of protecting freedom of thought, word, and harmless deed while setting rational limits on the rest. But you don't even don't even stand up against the incitement of violence towards Christians and Jews in your own mosques.
But compare the record of America to that of Islam:
(1) Countries like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iran stand in violation of every international human rights agreements on the treatment of women and children.
(2) Hudud punishments of amputation, stoning, beheading and sometimes burning and castration (see Saudi prisons on this) have been banned worldwide as inhumane, yet they routinely carried out by Islamic countries and pan-state terrorists.
(3) Women who are raped are stoned to death for adultery.
(4) Women who are raped must present two to four witnesses to defend themselves -- four in Iran. That is why the gang rape packs move in threes.
(5) Women in Islamic countries are subject to forced marriage to men much older, a form of slavery banned in the Qur'an. But Muslims worldwide do nothing.
(6) Women in Islamic countries are denied education, independent travel and work.
(7) Women in Islamic countries are considered property to be traded for gambling or other debts, a form of slavery.
(8) Temporary marriages allow Muslim men to use women as prostitutes without civil protection for themselves or their children.
OK, it's a partial list, but I have work to do. Others may want to complete this list!
The number of the times the word "women" is used above is an indication of how much radical Islamism is about controlling women for sex and service. Qubt and al-Banna went CRAZY that Egyptian women got rights-- based on the work of an enlightened imam doing enlightened hermeneutics on the PURELY TRANSCENDENTAL VERSES OF THE QUR'AN -- rights to vote, rights to education, rights to property and children. And then, one brave women let herself be photographed without a veil. And it was uphill from there.
Qubt was an obviously sexually neurotic man who claimed he never married because he couldn't find a woman "pure enough." Oh yeah, right. He was a very sick man. Al-banna on the other hand was a violent control freak.
Do I hear you guys railing about this violence in Islamic countries, this inhumanity, this enslave of women and children?
No, I hear you whining about whether you can have special privileges at an airport in the Midwest or whether you can set up US Airways and then sue them, shake-down style, for money and laws that make Americans ignore the IEDs Muslim terrorists set off in markets full of women and children and your crafty little shoe bombs and the bomb-belts Palestinians place as toys around the waists of Muslim toddlers in the Gaza Strip.
And why do you do this? Like Bill Clinton, "becuase I could get away with it."
While the world burns down with Muslim violence, American Muslims play dirty little manipulation games as acts of soft terrorism -- which they know they can only effect because standing behind them is a terrorist who may enforce their demands with debased violence.
American Muslim manipulation runs on the veiled threat (pun intended) that if we do as you demand -- and listen to your insufferable and utterly specious moral preaching when Muslims violence has taken moral breach down to a level unknown since the Gestapo -- there will be more violence. You preach appeasement to us and you get it to fly because when we see good people like Daniel Pearl beheaded on television, when we see a woman stoned or shot in the head for being raped, WE ARE STILL NORMAL ENOUGH TO RECOIL IN DISGUST AND EMPATHETIC PAIN. Momentarily we lose our ability to close a fist and say, "#$!@ you, you despicable animals!"
And that may be a fault of ours, but know this: Not all of us have lost the ability, and America's slumber won't last forever on this one.
Meanwhile, what do our Muslim American compatriots do? They whine about their civil rights. They assert their self-proclaimed "moral supremacy." Don't make me laugh.
What is really going on with you guys is the most egregious mass act of opportunism in the history of the United States. You whine about "racial incidents" when more racial incidents occur against WASPS than any other group in America (per capita percentage), with the Jews coming a close second. As Stephen Schwartz -- Muslim -- has pointed out, anti-Muslim incidents are so far down the list as to be negligible.
You strut around campuses pretending to be victimized. You whine and bitch and piss and moan constantly, while American service people overseas try to straighten out the mess made by Islamic radicalism on the one hand and Islamic cowardice on the other.
And it's spineless yellow-bellied cowardice. And why? For the same reason human rights organizations decry American rights abuses -- which they should where they exist -- but never mention the torture and gang rapes in Saudi prisons, the torture and rape and amputations carried out in Iran, the beheadings and live burnings and breast amputations (for not wearing cover) that occurred in Muslim-on-Muslim violence in Fallujah before the US went in and cleaned out the cockroaches that had taken over the city.
Why don't they? Because when you whine to an American about your ALLEGED "disenfranchisement" Americans give you a lolly pop, put their arm around your shoulder, and try to make it all better.
When you complain to a Muslim publicly about his violence toward his own or others, he kills YOU, your family, and your friends. Or he kidnaps your daughter and rapes her.
You're cowards. And you're dirty opportunists. You're the best-educated, richest, most powerful group of Muslims in the world, and you could FORCE the ulema to deal with this problem and you will not.
Instead, when people like Zudhi Jasser, Mustafa Akyol, and others point out the problems and LAY OUT THE SOLUTIONS, they are attacked.
And those of you who claim to be the "peaceful" Muslims REALLY following Islam don't defend those guys. You do not defend Muslim women becuase you tacitly agree with the position they should keep the place desert tribalist crafted for them. And when women start talking to you on boards -- Anne Crockett comes to mind -- you tell her to shut up, but you don't say that to men on this board, do you?
YOU WILL NOT DECIDE FOR ME WHAT MODERATE ISLAM IS. YOU WILL NOT DECIDE FOR ME OR MY COUNTRY WHAT A MODERATE MUSLIM IS.
NOW THAT MUSLIMS HAVE ATTACKED US, CONTINUE TO ATTACK US, PROMISE TO ATTACK US, DEMAND THAT OTHER MUSLIMS ATTACK US, I WILL MAKE THAT DECISION FOR MYSELF, BECAUSE I MUST THE DECISION ABOUT WHAT MUSLIMS I WILL AND WILL NOT SUPPORT.
So you claims that you will do it for me fall on dear ears. D'Souza's claims that he will be the moderator of American morality BECAUSE HE IS A MUSLIM AND MUSLIMS HAVE THE RIGHT TO POLICE MORALITY FOR ALL THE WORLD falls on deaf ears over here.
FOR ME ...
A MODERATE MUSLIM IS A PERSON WHO BELIEEVES IN THE EQUALITY OF ALL HUMANITY, FOR ALL RELIGIONS, AND FOR MEN AND WOMEN AND *** STANDS UP FOR THOSE RIGHTS ***. As do, I point out, American Christians and Jews.
A MODERATE MUSLIM IS A PERSON WHO OPPOSES THE IMPOSITION OF ANY FORM OF SHARI'A LAW ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD SO LONG AS SHARI'A EMPLOYS HUDUD PUNISHMENTS AND BEARS ENMITY AGAINST THOSE NOT OF ITS RELIGION AND NOT MALE.
A MODERATE MUSLIM IS A PERSON WHO FIGHTS ISLAMIC TERRORISM OPENLY AND PUBLICLY.
A MODERATE MUSLIM IS A PERSON WHO FIGHTS TERRORIST HATE SPEECH AND INCITEMENT TO VIOLENCE AND WAR IN HIS OR HER MOSQUE.
A MODERATE AMERICAN MUSLIM IS A PERSON WHO DEFENDS THE LAWS OF AMERICA IN PUBLIC AND IN PRIVATE.
Truncated list, but hey, duty calls.
To sum up here, Muslims are failing Islam and will be the reason it is destroyed. While you posture and do your little moral preaching numbers to people who frankly don't need, Islamic terrorists and mantling biological, nuclear and chemical weapons. The next time they pull a big one, my guess is that it's going to be "all she wrote." All over the world, Muslims who have a spine (that would not be you guys) are voting Islamists out of office -- with GAM prime minister elected in Aceh, with Badawi elected in Indonesia, with that dirty, lying, sleaze-bag Mahathir thrown out in Malaysia. The Iranians would do it if they could. Abdullah would get rid of the Wahhabis if he could. In Nigeria, extreme shari'a wasn't voted in, it was AMPUTATED in. Etc. Etc. Etc.
It's AMERICAN Muslims who HAVE NO SPINE AND PLAY THESE GAMES.
And what don't you like about Robert? He keeps quoting THE SAME QUR'ANIC VERSES THAT BIN LADEN DOES.
He doesn't agree with Bin Laden. What Robert is saying is that until you deal with these verses a "peaceful" Islam that IGNORES them is not enough. You have to get rid of them, becuase over and over again in your history those verses -- ON WHICH AN UN-ELECTED BIN LADEN RUNS A WAR, ON WHICH THE UN-ELECTED SALAFISTS RUN A WAR, ON WHICH THE UN-ELECTED TALEBAN RUN A WAR must be changed -- have led to war against and enslavement of all Muslims you do not agree with and all non-Muslims period.
Now, either you have the spine to deal with the REAL PROBLEM -- which is NOT alcohol in a cab in Minneapolis -- or you don't.
And so far, you don't.
That is why Robert Spencer et al. have to be the ones who do your job for you. And what do you do?
You whine that he is insulting you.
Oh, poorest possible you! Oh, poor little kids! They want another lolly pop.
No. Get off your fat, rich, spoiled American opportunist *sses and get your butts overseas and solve these problems. And if you're spineless and whiny for that, at least support the Muslims who DO have the spine and stop playing games that embarrass and destroy the religion you say you love.
Grow up. And stop manipulating.
And what does Al Qaeda say when they read your next vitriolic little rant of "blasphemy" screed?
They just say, "Attaboy, Eteraz. Attaboy, Esmay."
It's not Robert who is doing Al Qaeda's work -- if he were it's unlikely that Azzam the American would have "invited" (ha!) him to convert to Islam with a copy of "The Truth about Muhammad" in his hand, don't you think?
It's YOU who are doing Al Qaeda's work, though I'd agree it's not because you necessarily want to be a terrorist. You just want to be important.
So be important. Transform Islam into TRANSCENDENTAL SPIRITUAL ISLAM. That's your job. Get about doing it.
I've been labeled a crazy psycho right-wing commenter! Crazy AND psycho? Frankly, I'm offended. Either one of them would have been enough. Put them together, and that's just rude. Plus, they call me 'stinky' over there. Which is absurd, since I smell pretty good almost 50% of the time.
George Bush has agreed to a plan to let 100 Mexican trucking companies operate their trucks everywhere in the United States. Interesting points: